New York: Statue Of Liberty

I hopped on the boat and made my way up to the top deck. I could feel the boat tilted towards the back with some tourists taking picture of the land they left behind. The remaining? Attempting to balance the weight. I carefully watched the captain signalling his crew to draw back the anchor and untie the ropes. Crew carefully following orders and jumping back on the boat.
                         
Once everybody was on-board the captain announced safety measures of our journey. Evacuation plan, life jackets, crew members and the list can just go on. We then began our sail to the seven seas’… Wind whistled and choirs of birds sang. Walking carefully, avoiding little, courageous birds sitting on the deck not afraid of the humans passing by, I squeezed through the gaps and finally reached the rail to click pictures.

With the harmonies playing in the background one could now finally see, the destination of their trip, Statue of liberty. Finally it was there, right in front. Standing like a tall pillar, watching over all of land and sea.

Mesmerized by the view, I forgot that I was in a boat. Soon enough the speaker blared. Captain informing us that finally we had docked and we were ready to get of and explore the island. I hopped of and raced all the way until I reached directly under. Fascinated by tall it stood, I spent the next few moments admiring the architecture.

Soon enough my thought process was diverted by crowds of people heading my way wanting to click pictures. Just before I knew, tourists just like me snapping their loud DSLR’s. Flash! The energy was rising but the temperature? As cold as it was the moment I stepped on the boat. I lunged back to the place where the boat had once left me. Unaware of the hours I spent admiring the place. For which I was famished and my stomach demanding for a scrumptious meal.

I picked up a bottle of cola and tomato, mozzarella sandwich, and found a seat and begun eating. Just before I knew there were flocks seagulls, some flying over my head while the rest sitting right in front of me. Just waiting for the right moment to grab some food of my plate. Terrified me, I ran out of there and went right back into the restaurant. Know I knew why there were hardly anybody was sitting out and absorbing this weather. After the seagull chase, I finished my meal and went back and waited in the line to get into the next boat.

Finally, the boat had arrived. I bordered instantly and went through all the pictures I clicked… Hopefully not missing anything important. The routine of safety measures begun again. Soon enough I was back on land. I proceeded with my day now to Times Square. With many photos and memories.

(Don’t forget to checkout my blog on Times Square).

Don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram Account: @devansh_bhartia . Do DM me your questions/ comments etc on Instagram or write me an email on devbhartia2004@gmail.com . Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Times Square

35000 Smiles In The Air

How to Not Waste time on Cruises