Bali: Nusa Penida
I stood there on the soothing and relaxing beach at 6 ‘o'clock in the morning. In contradiction, the sea seemed rather angry. Unleashing stronger and bigger waves at the beach each time. Our boat was just a little ahead, not too deep into the water. It seemed to be doing a little dance on the waves.
Ropes were tied from the boat to the beach to keep the boat under control and help people climb on board. With slippers in one hand and the assisting rope in the other I carefully made my way through the waves to the boat. The cold water tickled me and schools of fish swam right in front of me. With the help of the crew members I finally climbed aboard. The boarding process was occasionally paused as tide grew rough, strong and tall. After a rather long wait, all members were aboard. The engines roared and we set sail.
The waves crashed, engines roared and people chattered and I slowly drifted off to sleep. After about half an hour the speakers barked. Alas! We had reached the island. I hopped off board onto the bridge that connected the incoming boats to the beach. I just stood there for a minute or two and took in the cool ocean currents.
I tried to resist myself, but the view forced me to take at least a thousand pictures. Once I reached the beach, I found my personal guide and driver for the day and we departed to explore the island.
At reaching our first stop for the day, we got of the car and make a short trek (about 100m). I must say the long and bumpy ride was worth the wait for the site was magnificent. A relatively small island with a private isolated beach. The type one would see in a movie. The white, frothy, salty water crashed against the amazing, calm and clean beach.
After a long session of photography our guide took us to a restaurant for lunch. Once we charged our batteries we departed for our second and last stop.
After a relatively short drive we reached a place called ‘Crystal beach’. It was a great place to spend time in the pleasant temperature. Crystal beach is one of the highlights of Nusa Penida. A great place for swimmers and people who wish to snorkel. However, if you are looking for surfing this may not be the right place for you.
This brought us to the end of our tour, we left and headed back for the boat to depart from the island of Nusa Penida.
Don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram Account: @devansh_bhartia . Do DM me your questions/ comments etc. on Instagram or write me an email on devbhartia2004@gmail.com . Thank you for reading!
Comments
Post a Comment